Posted by Pastor Pat on January 23, 2010
The church of Ephesus played a significant role in the life and ministry of the apostle Paul. By simply noting the occurrences of the city in the New Testament it becomes apparent that the church of Ephesus was a prominent center for the apostle Paul and the apostle John. Let us consider the following verses as they are found in the New Testament record:
1. Paul’s first visit to Ephesus happened in Acts 18:18-21.
This is the first occurrence of the word in the New Testament.
2. In Paul’s absence, Priscilla and Aquila instructed Apollos (Acts 18:24-28).
When you read the narrative it is straightforward and clear.
3. Paul returned to Ephesus, taught the disciples and evangelized the unbelieving (Acts 19)
1. Taught on Spirit baptism (Acts 19:1-7)
2. Taught on the kingdom God for two years (Acts 19:8-10)
3. God performed extraordinary miracles through Paul (Acts 19:11-22)